Writing: A way to make your life appear interesting

The wonderful thing about writing, or any art form, is that you can always present a different perspective for your subject. Art allows us to view things beyond its linear, practical and obvious chracteristics. While the exercise of art also permits to see the uniqueness in the usual, it primarily opens doors to interpret a subject, or object in a different light. It gives us the opportunity to see beyond the tangible and lend a larger meaning to the normalcy that we perceive.

***

Project 365: Each day in the life of an uninteresting blogger

Okay. So I will try to write a blog each day for 365 days. This will be one of my most ambitious personal projects yet. All the entries will be in free-form. Lets see if it should make my writing any better.

DAY 1: The piece I am most ashamed of.

If one would ask me of a particular piece that I wish I could re written and edited, and could have well used my present writing skill, it would be my high school memoir. I'm not saying that I'm completely proficient now, it is just that I was completely horrible when I wrote that yearbook piece. If laid my pen on that composition today, I would have marked it with a 'READ AGAIN' in huge bold letters. Or probably mark it in red ink here and there, it would appear hemorraging to death.

Here's the raw, cringe inducing version:

For me, the time I spent in high school cannot be counted in years but by days... days I solved Math problems, finished pain staking project, cried over something only to realize that I am strong enough to rise over it and days I enjoyed just being with my friends. These days left me with people and lessons that I would treasure forever. I would not be able to forget all those persons who walked into my life and touched me in a whole different kind of way. I would never forget how my classmates and friends taught me to be proud of myself and to be confident of what I could do. I could say the the days of high school changed me. I am entirely different person now because of the experiences I had. The joy I experienced in my four-years stay in PCC will continue to warm my heart with delight and happiness for years to come. Nothing, not even time, could erase the precious memories of joy I had in high school. They will stay with me for all eternity.

Talk about cheesy, cliche, and overly dramatic.

For me, the time I spent in high school cannot be counted in years but by in days... days I solved Math problems, finished a pain staking project, cried over something only to realize that I am strong enough to rise over it and days I enjoyed just being with my friends. These days left me with people and lessons that I would treasure forever. I would not be able to forget all those persons people (persons is acceptable, though people is more appropriate) who walked into my life and touched me in a whole different kind of way. (Now this is subject to double meaning). I would never forget how my classmates and friends taught me to be proud of myself and to be confident of what I could do. I could say the the days of high school changed me. (Redundant meaning) I am an entirely different person now because of the experiences I had. The joy I experienced in my four-years four-year stay in PCC will continue to warm my heart with delight and happiness for years to come. Nothing, not even time, could erase the precious memories of joy I had in high school. They will stay with me for all eternity. (I could barely remember anything now!)

Well I'm glad I got that I out of my chest. I think a lot of people would find this superficial, if not annoying. Things affect people differently. If anything could ruin my day, that would be a bad piece of writing visiting me from its grave.

0 comments: